T.W.I.S.T. Conference 2019
13th Student's Conference in Linguistics
April 12 - 13
Discover the World through Language
Thank you for attending the 2019 T.W.I.S.T. Conference!
The T.W.I.S.T. Conference 2019 was once again a great succes, with 18 student talks and around 50 visitors. We would like to thank everyone who attended the conference and the people who submitted feedback in particular as this is what helps and motivates us to keep improving the conference.
This was the year which introduced a theme as well as the all-new panel discussion, where panelists were faced with thought-provoking or controversial statements on linguistic topics.
These were the Keynote lectures in 2019:
- Dr. Michaël Peyrot - The Tocharian Trek
- Dr. Eugenie Stapert - Family problems: Evidence of language contact in the Dolgan kinship terms
- Dr. Maaike van Naerssen - Managing interpersonal relationships in Dutch and Indonesian informal interactions
- Dr. Jenneke van der Wal - What a difference one vowel makes!
And the two workshops:
- Said Jamal - Sign Language
- Fresco Sam-Sin - Manchu script